Monday, November 8, 2010

On Dempsey Hill...The Week of October 24 in Pictures

  Below are some pictures before the 42nd Anniversary Celebration for the Association of Singapore Marine Industries hosted at the Singapore Fairmont last Friday evening and from our shopping excursion to the charming Dempsey Hill, formerly British army barracks.  Today, Demsey Hill is a popular dinning and shopping hot spot for expats.  We even found a Mexican restaurant to eat at for dinner--crazy!!  Have a good week everyone!


We were thrilled that the tailor was able to have each of our outfits made and altered in a week--just in time for the ASMI Celebration.



The old barracks have been transformed into shops and restaurants


Tawandang Microbrewery -  Thai cuisine and German beer freshly brewed
Jason (not looking too enthused) waiting on his beer from the Thai-German Brewery
An education on rugs...Did you know it may take up to 4-6 months to complete a hand-knotted rug from start to finish?  The more knots/square inch the more expensive the rug.
Rug stores, like tailor shops, can be found in practically every shopping center in Singapore
An Australian gourmet grocery store situated in the heart of Dempsey Hill


2 comments:

  1. LOVE the dress! Looks like yall are having fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahh thanks Ann Marie! I am not too good when it comes to dress selection...I just found a Jackie O dress on the Internet I liked and showed a picture to the tailor. The seamstress made the dress without a pattern.
    I enjoy your blog and your kids are adorable!

    ReplyDelete