Saturday, August 6, 2011

Hanging Out in Houston

Can you say HOT???






Arriving in Houston late Wednesday afternoon, it didn't take us long to remember two things we didn't miss about the city: the snail's pace traffic and the blistering heat.

With Ensco now allowing their employees to work flex-Fridays, we had a little play time on Friday afternoon. We visited some of my favorite antique and fabric stores, which I would frequent when we lived here before moving to Singapore. Then we took in an Astros/Brewers game in the nightcap. It was nice to see some former UL and Tulane players make it up to the big leagues. Even though the home team lost, it was a fun date night as neither of us had been to an Astros game since the new Minute Maid Park was built.

I promised Jason I would accompany him to the Hunter's Extravaganza at the Reliant Center today since he was a good sport about tagging along with me on Friday; and, quite frankly, I enjoy hunting myself.

Hopefully, we should know something more on the status of our Brazil assignment next week--keeping our fingers crossed anyways!

Have a good weekend!



















Location:Houston

No comments:

Post a Comment