Saturday, December 6, 2014

Feast of Sinterklass!


  I will have to elaborate on this post at a later date, since we are just getting back from a whirlwind twenty-four hours in Germany.  But, I didn't want to not post this picture of Caroline and Sinterklass in honor of this Dutch holiday and the feast day of St. Nicholas, patron saint of children.  My only regret is that Graham did not want to join his sister in the photo...I am sure some of you can relate!  I for one, cannot.  As the oldest of six children, I was in college before my mom reluctantly gave in and said that I didn't have to join my siblings for photos with the big guy in the red suit.  True story.  (Love you, Mom!) 

Enjoy!


Sometime back in November right outside our apartment, Sinterklass made his way into the harbor to  crowds of Dutch children patiently awaiting his arrival.  


Graham didn't quite know what to make of the spectacle.  He was more concerned with the boats.




No comments:

Post a Comment