Monday, July 10, 2017

Under The Tuscan Sun

  After three years of living in Europe and a little prodding from my sister, we finally made our way to her beloved Italy and I am so glad we did!   I guess consolation prizes are not so bad after all.  Even if it meant trading our long awaited plans for a Louisiana summer for a weekend under the Tuscan sun and a mini family reunion,  our first taste of this vast country left us hungry to explore and see Italy beyond the Tuscan sun and more.    Thanks, CC!




Definitely a little picture overload...so sit back and grab a glass of your favorite wine!  Ciao!


Vinci, the cozy and quaint Tuscan village we stayed in during our stay and also the birth place to Leonardo da Vinci.





















PISA






































FLORENCE (FIRENZE)





Graham and Caroline were so thrilled to see some familiar faces!!  Having Aunt Mary and Uncle David around for a few days made the trip even more special!













At one little restaurant, bottles of wine and fresh melon for the proscitto await the diners.  I could have just dined on the melon, alone!

Caroline's favorite was Aunt Mary's gnocchi!  



Poor little fella crashed before we could even leave the station....
Another day and another happy boy anxious for a train ride into Florence













The boyhood home of Michelangelo

LUCCA








The grapes and olives in this region will not be harvested until November and December.


SIENNA







Poor Graham Aug...each day it rains in Scotland, he insists we go back to Italy because the weather is sunny!! I am with you bud!




















And when a former Super Bowl QB finds your daughter in the airport...




(Side NOTE: If anyone can manage to smuggle a bushel of good ole Louisiana blue crabs to us, I will gladly return the favor with ample cases of Chianti! Ha!) 



No comments:

Post a Comment