Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Happy 30th Birthday, Jason!!

Happy Birthday to my best friend and handsome hubby!  He may be 30, but he is still a kid at heart :)

Jason is not going to be happy with me for posting these pictures, but I couldn't resist...what a cute kid!!







  Jason only asked for two things for his birthday: a homemade cake and a Sailfishing trip to Malaysia.  Since Jason is scheduled to work this Saturday with the shipyard project just underway, we have decided to hold off on the Malaysia weekend-trip for a few weeks.  As for the cake, I told Jason I would do my best to bake a cake, as long as the local market carried the necessary ingredients.  To my surprise, I was able to find all of the ingredients.  I had a tougher time finding a place to purchase an electric mixer.  Monday, I spent much of the afternoon wandering along Orchard Road,  until I  stumbled into a local department store, Robinsons.  Luckily, this store carries kitchen appliances and bake-ware, so I was able to purchase the mixer, a baking pan, and a spatula.  Lets just hope the cake turns out to Jason's liking?!

(Singapore vocabulary lesson: powdered sugar = icing sugar and vanilla extract = vanilla essence)

  Tonight we are planning to have dinner in Holland Village, a popular area with the expats and known for its' restaurants and watering holes.  I am sure Jason will want to eat at a steakhouse--his favorite!

Have a good one!





1 comment: