Saturday, October 9, 2010

Singapore Sundowner

    Friday evening we were invited to a Sundowner Party (Halloween Night Safari) hosted by Keppel FELS Shipyard at the Singapore Zoo.  The zoo grounds were decorated with the usual traditional Halloween scenes of witches flying on broomsticks with black cats, ghosts, goblins, and skeletons.    It was really nice to enjoy some Fall festivities and meet some of the guys Jason works with at the shipyard.   After the party, we took a train ride through the safari-like grounds of the zoo.  Jason was even able to catch some glimpses of deer.  (He has been a bit down since the opening of bow season on October 1st.)  Some pictures from the evening are posted below (picture taking during the safari train ride was not allowed).

    If only I had brought my camera Saturday morning for Jason's first fish spa experience--it was quite humorous!! Jason and I had breakfast at Starbucks and then I suggested that we visit the fish spa.  Jason had a rough week at work and I figured the fish spa and shoulder massage would do him some good.  Well of course he was adamant about not going; but, after much insistence, he begrudgingly obliged.  To his surprise, the fish spa and shoulder massage was so relaxing for him that he intends for us to have a weekly fish spa date--lol!

  What are the chances... Wednesday I finally made my way over to the American Club to turn in my membership application for the American Women's Association (AWA).  As I was making my way over to the AWA office, I spotted a familiar face sitting at a table.  As it turns out, that familiar face was Schuyler  Houser House, a friend from high school.  Schuyler's husband is employed with McDermont and she is a second-year PhD student, raising three young girls.  Our chance visit was the highlight of my week!


Squid in chili sauce
Some dressed in costumes...
Tan, Chad, and Jason





Safari entrance

No comments:

Post a Comment